Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Jewelry..


For Christmas this year I made lots of jewelry.
I admit I am not a pro at this...but I'm pretty proud of myself
at how far I've come with making them look so much better then
a string of beads! (Who knew crimping beads were so awesome??!!)

This first necklace set is made for a friend of mine.
This is one of my favorite ones that I made.
It has lots of crystal beads, and the charm is a unique one.
When Dan and I were in Mount Pleasant I picked it up at an Indian
museum and all the beads there were made by the Indians that lived on the reservation
that ran this particular museum.



This set here I made for an older teen.
I'm not sure of her style so I'm hoping
she likes this.

If you look closely the "wild" design beads are actually
made from magazine pages. Yep paper beads baby!!
I use a really strong glue when I make these, so when
they dry they are rock hard.
(I'll be making a tutorial for those of you who don't
know how to make paper beads)
This set here is made for my sister in law.
She wears a lot of Harley clothes so I figured if
I went with black/white/clear she'd have some
sort of shirt to match it.
I had to get the wire to shape so now it lays flat
not all curved like the photo shows.

And look there is some more of those paper beads!
This set was made for my little cousin
who is also an older teen, but a HUGE
University of Michigan fan.
I'm sure she'll wear these with pride!
(Go Notre Dame!)

Here is a set I made for another friend of mine.
Her favorite color is purple so I'm really
hoping that she likes this set.
This photo shows more of the true color of the
beads. (wow jewelry is hard to photograph!)
She also is not a person that I've noticed wears
various earrings so instead of earrings I made her a
bracelet.
And lastly, this set is made for my Auntie.
It was very hard to get the real colors of this set.
The colors are more like turquoise stones.

This was just some of the necklaces I made
this year. I gave 4 away without photographing them.
I told ya I been busy :)
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope your Christmas was a great one and that Santa
brought YOU lots of good things!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shawna
    Thank you so much for visiting over at my place and for entering my giveaway.
    happy New year
    ~ Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Funny as i was checking out your tops when I noticed your name. Cool I thought I know her from being a Facebook friend. So I looked around here and wanted to tell you your jewelry from last year were so sweet. i was hoping you might be able to explain to me how you made beads from magazines. I read so much and thought this would be a good use for a few. Thanks so much!
    Gloria Penman

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your jewelry! thanks for stopping by northwoods loves & for your sweet comment about my beads :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I appriciate it and come look around anytime!